ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

mp3 Audio OUTPUT volume normalizer? Any such thing?

<< < (4/7) > >>

PhilB66:
Have a look at The Levelator and HeadAC3he (lots of other useful tools listed on that page). Download HeadAC3he

Target:
and on the flipside, anyone know a tool that will do the opposite, ie batch gain changes (boosting)

I have a number of (MP3) files where the volume is too low - I've done some fiddling with a couple of apps and it seems boosting the gain by about 10db does the trick nicely

2 problems with this -

1) it has to be done on a file by file basis (very tedious)
    2) it entails reencoding to a new file (or has done in the apps I've tried) - this is a no-no as the files are already in a lossy format and re-encoding cannot be a good thing...

any suggestions/ideas?

Target

J-Mac:
MediaMonkey, a great media player that has both a freeware and "Gold" (pay) version, has a volume normalizer setting in its menu.  Seems to work well, at least for me.

Jim

Curt:
... That Breakaway plug-in sure got some impressive reviews already.  The author couldn't even hire someone to write a better review than a couple of those.-Mr.Fancypants (March 30, 2008, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

- some (most?) of them are from the Breakaway beta testers.

Curt:
Have a look at The Levelator -PhilB66 (March 30, 2008, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
FYI:
- does not support .MP3 (WAV and AIFF only).

... look at HeadAC3he -PhilB66 (March 30, 2008, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
FYI:
- has not been updated for 6 years, and homepage closed.

Download HeadAC3he -PhilB66 (March 30, 2008, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
FYI:
One may need the AZID DLL to make HeadAC3he work. Read >here<.

I have not been able to get through to www.doom9.org today
- anyone else with this problem?  :tellme: Problem solved  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version