ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can't *think* of a robust password? - free PC Tools Password Utilities

(1/2) > >>

Wordzilla:
It's basically the desktop version of their popular Secure Password Generator web service. 392KB standalone executable, no installation required, freeware (well actually donationware). In addition to password generation functions, it claims to be able to reveal hidden Internet Explorer passwords (not yet tested here).

jgpaiva:
Also don't forget veign's online MakePassword ;)

yksyks:
How about Gibson's Perfect Passwords?

Dormouse:
I'm not sure I really understand the point of standalone password generators. The password can be relatively hard to guess or crack and can be used - but how is it to be remembered? It will be too random/long for most humans memory to be reliable. And, if it is recorded somewhere, couldn't it be found by someone else?

I understand the point inside a password manager which will only need one master password. I understand the value of the two input system (master password and account name) that effectively only needs one master password and use this myself on minor accounts where security does not really matter (though I still record them in Keepass). But I don't really understand the point of just generating uncrackable impossible to remember passwords without a method of recording them that is itself secure.

PhilB66:
Also check The Password Meter and Hackosis' strong passwords test (PHP open source code available for download).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version