ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XP boot display problem

(1/4) > >>

bbudd:
   Hey-got a problem here and can't seem to find out the solution.
Lately it seems that there's no display when I use any onboot program such as CHKDSK,partion magic,Diskeeper,or Avast onboot check.   It appears that these programs do complete-its just that theres no display on the monitor as they work.
I can't link the problem to any specific install as these programs are only used as required.    Any ideas gratefully accepted.

f0dder:
Do you have a nvidia graphics card?

I'm nowhere certain that this is the cause, but I had similar problems when I had a GF7600 card, and could only link the problem with installing a newer driver. I don't have the problem now with my GF8800 card, though...

bbudd:
yes theres a nvidia card-but I've tried card in and card out and same display problem either way-dosn't appear hardware related.

f0dder:
yes theres a nvidia card-but I've tried card in and card out and same display problem either way-dosn't appear hardware related.-bbudd (March 25, 2008, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's not hardware related, but my hunch is that some versions of the nvidia display drivers are causing this. I'm not certain, though.

bbudd:
Still got me stumped.Tried uninstalling video driver thru device manager and physically removeing the card.   Still the same lack of display for boot programs.   You figure a BIO's flash could help??    Thats about the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version