ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Draw on your desktop

(1/4) > >>

Toptiger5:
This is so simple I can't believe I can't find apps that are good enough for this one!

I want an app that lives in your taskbar and runs all the time (starts at startup, runs all the time unless you exit it) and when you rightclick it you get simple options like "red, blue, black, green". No more colors, only those. It will let you "draw" on your desktop wallpaper, and the scribbles will be autosaved (so if you reboot your computer, the notes will still be there).

I have seen apps like this before, but they have disadvantages...

-The good ones are not freeware.
-They have big chunky toolbars instead of a simple taskbar icon.
-They have too many unnecessary colors. (Who needs to scribble captions and reminders in pink? And what's the difference between scribbling them in dark blue and light blue?)
-The app is like a transparent window, so when you are using it you can not use the desktop icons. The app I want should be "integrated" with the Windows desktop wallpaper, so that you can scribble AND click the icons without having to close the drawing app.

Thanks!

f0dder:
This actually isn't super-easy to do, for a number of reasons... one would need to resort to kludgy hacks, or injecting code into explorer.exe (which is also quite a hack, and won't work if the user has another shell than explorer, and will impose 32/64bit trouble as well).

mouser:
This was the subject of a recent thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11716.0

kartal:
try this one

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx

Toptiger5:
This actually isn't super-easy to do, for a number of reasons... one would need to resort to kludgy hacks, or injecting code into explorer.exe (which is also quite a hack, and won't work if the user has another shell than explorer, and will impose 32/64bit trouble as well).
-f0dder (March 25, 2008, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
hmm... didn't know that. Not good with this coding stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version