ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Spokeo - new stalking social networking site?

<< < (2/3) > >>

justice:
The site is different now from when I remember it. It was a beta site and there were no payment options - it's worse to think that if we hadn't visited this site back then you'd never check your details with the site now. Thanks for the reply Deozaan.

cyberdiva:
Seriously. Go to spokeo.com and type in your name (and any past names for you married ladies). If you don't like your information being displayed, click on your name (at the left) and then copy the URL of your profile, then click the Privacy link in the bottom right corner of the page. You will be given the opportunity to paste the URL to opt out of the service.
-Deozaan (January 10, 2011, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I just searched for me, and all they had was my name, address, phone number, spouse's name, assessed value of my house (!), and approximate age.  I thought about asking them to remove that, but to do that I'd have to give them my email address.  Frankly, since they apparently don't yet have that, that's the last thing I'd want to add to their info.  I don't trust them at all.  So, since the info they have is pretty much readily available online already, I'm tempted to let them keep that.  I do have junk email addresses, but I think I'd rather these sleazeballs didn't even know what they are.   :down:  :down:   :down:

Thanks, guys, for the heads-up about this.

timns:
I'm not so worried:

tomos:
I'm not so worried:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-timns (January 10, 2011, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

seems to only be for usa

timns:
Let's hope so - although it probably has tendrils everywhere

Navigation

[0] Message Index