ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

The Ultimate Rescue CD

<< < (3/3)

tinjaw:
SkyDisc ?
-tomos (March 23, 2008, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like that.  :up:

[added]
Unfortunately there already is something at SkyDisc.com and they will complain.

SkyIDE:
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, it took me ages to come up with SkyIDE - something which is not taken. Google back then returned only two pages, some foreign URLS and something else to do with a "New York" "skyide". Those suggestions are great and yes, removing the word "CD" will justify a move breaking the 700MB limit. Unfortunately (for me) some of those names are in use but turns out "Multi Rescue System" is free and it sounds good when abbreviated the "MRS" as long as you don't spell it as "Mrs" haha :)

Dormouse:
Of course, The Ultimate Rescue Disk would be pretty memorable and could be associated with very recognisable graphics.  :)

SkyIDE:
Hmm I looked at http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22ultimate+rescue+disk%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enGB235GB235&aq=t as pointed out by mediaguycouk, it seems like there isn't an official one, there are just references to it as a generic form but then...I only looked at the first page. I like this one but we'll see what happens.

SkyIDE:
I am waiting for a new Trinity release before I finalise this CD. There is a small show stopper with Trinity which I am unable to fix automatically although it can be fixed once it starts if you know what you are doing but I'd rather have it working "out of the box". The author replied to me and said he will fix the problem and the issue is in his todo list for the next beta. Once this is finalised, I intend to release the ISO. Currently I am just experimenting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version