ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Monster Cables- The World should know!

<< < (15/15)

mediaguycouk:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_10050000/newsid_10056500/10056547.stm

I have to admit that it takes a lot of time to educate the whole world! ;D
-Cuffy (February 02, 2010, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Even that article isn't too reassuring. Budget 10% of your system money for a cable? So if I buy a $4,000 HDTV I'm supposed to budget $400 for the HDMI cable?

I'd rather stick to MonoPrice. A $5 HDMI cable suits me just fine. Unless I can get it for less. (c;
-Deozaan (February 03, 2010, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Richer sounds always used to quote 10% for cabling but that was because of all the composite and speaker cables that have to go between everything. 10% between two devices seems a bit excessive.

vegas:
Well this myth will be perpetuated for as long as retailers like BestBuy make BANK on their inflated cable sales, it's seriously the item with the highest profit margin they carry, CABLES! And lots of em. If they didn't have THAT money, they and others probably would not survive.  If they did not survive, uninformed consumers would begin to turn more to the internet to find all of their cables and BECOME more informed (most people just assume they need spendy cables), driving these over-glorified cables and their pushers down. Hopefully, some day.

Just to remind, buy cables here! here! here! here! and here!
www.monoprice.com
www.cablesforless.com
www.amazon.com
www.newegg.com
www.totalsignal.com

And speaking of cables, Usb 3.0 is now showing up everywhere.  Looks like lengths up to 15 feet are not a problem and the power spec is greater than Usb 2.0 How very EXCITING!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version