ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Direct Folders 3.3 Released : Now FREE for HOME use

<< < (5/6) > >>

sri:
Does anybody know how to get it to use the default file manager? I have Directory Opus and I use that for everything. But, if I select a folder from the tray icon, Direct Folders will always open in Explorer.
-edbro (March 30, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have set Directory Opus to replace windows explorer. When I select any folder from Direct Folders, I jump to it in a new tab in Directory Opus. So it does work.

Additionally I have also set such that double clicking in empty area of a lister brings up Direct Folders menu.

Curt:
I have set Directory Opus to replace windows explorer. When I select any folder from Direct Folders, I jump to it in a new tab in Directory Opus. So it does work.-sri (September 17, 2009, 09:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

from their blog:

Direct Folders 3.6
May 4th, 2009

* Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta.
    * Added: Support for DirectoryOpus.
    * Added: Few display options.
    * Changed: Separate settings for double click and middle button click.

--- End quote ---
:up:

sri:
A correction to my above post: Clicking on a folder in Direct Folder's menu doesn't switch to it in Directory Opus in a new tab. The existing tab gets used.

The support for Directory Opus that's quoted in the above post is specifically this: When mouse middle button is double clicked in empty space of a lister, Direct Folder's menu appears.

Double clicking in empty space of the lister DOES NOT bring up this menu. However, this can be achieved using AutoHotKey.

sri:
Just mailed Jeff (the author of DF) the following:

Hi Jeff,

I use Directory Opus as my file explorer in windows explorer replacement mode.

I am able to mouse button middle click in empty space of a lister to bring up Direct Folder's menu but not when I double click.

Is it possible to add this feature?

Thanks,
Sridhar.
--- End quote ---

DesertEagle:
I'm afraid it's not possible, can't intercept left button double click.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version