ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

USBDeview - Guaranteed eject of your USB drive

<< < (3/5) > >>

icekin:
thanks lanux! works!
-TucknDar (March 21, 2008, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Somehow, it doesn't quite work for me. I added the alias, but running the command after bringing up FARR does nothing. :(

I also noticed that USBDeView can eject any USB device, not just mass storage ones. Hitting disconnect all ended up disconnecting my usb tv tuner and mouse as well.

By the way, is there any way of reconnecting a device after ejecting it without having to pull it out of the USB port and replugging it back in?

icekin:
You may also want to check USB Disk Ejector. Command line added for coolness.
-paulobrabo (March 21, 2008, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice program, but it doesn't stop the dreaded "The device cannot be stopped right now..." message from appearing on my computer. Haven't tried the command line options though.

Nod5:
Great idea for a FARR plugin! It would be great if when typing "eject " FARR lists all devices in the results list for the user to choose from. Some filters would also be useful. For example, I have a usb tv card that I never ever want to eject so it would make sense if I could exclude that.

TucknDar:
Somehow, it doesn't quite work for me. I added the alias, but running the command after bringing up FARR does nothing. :(-icekin (March 21, 2008, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, this is a bit weird, but it seems that on my system USBDEVIEW actually lists the wrong drive letter for my usb portable. Did you check to see if this might be the case for you too?

I use USBDLM to manage drive letters, and my Cruzer micro drive is always assigned to G: but for some reason it's listed as K: in USBDEVIEW. So 'eject G' won't work whereas 'eject K' works although the drive is definitely assigned to G...

PhilB66:
You may also want to check USB Disk Ejector. Command line added for coolness.
-paulobrabo (March 21, 2008, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

You should search the forum... this program was mentioned before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version