ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tool for editing mp4 videos

(1/2) > >>

nosh:
I need to do some basic editing (cut & paste stuff) to a bunch of .mp4 videos before I move them to a PSP.  I looked at a few recommendations in the video editing threads but most of the intermediate level tools don't support mp4 all the way. I do all my editing with VirtualDub-MPEG2, it does let me edit the files but will only save them if I let it encode them to avi (which I then have to reconvert to mp4  :-\). Is there anything that'll let me do this in direct stream mode? I assume Premiere or Vegas may be up to the task but they seem like total overkill for this.

J-Mac:
I used to use Sonic's MyDVD Deluxe Suite and then their DVDit a couple of years ago for all my DVD authoring. They were pretty good and had virtually every tool for most formats - but that was before MP4 Video was out, I think. Now Roxio bought them out and I'm not certain what they have done with them. I did try Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 but they come out with an entire new release each year - no upgrades for current users - and 9 was pretty much a bust, so I abandoned it.

But I'll keep an eye out for a good MP4 video editor.

Jim

J-Mac:
This one is worth a look:  ImToo Video Editor.  I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to claim it can do what you want.

Looks like they have a trial version.

Jim

nosh:
Thanks Jim. I tried ImToo (along with a whole lot of other) tailored-for-PSP converters last night. A few of these do have trimming features but you can only snip off the start and/or end of the clips - no real editing functionality. :)

Curt:
bumping!

YouTube has made the need for editing .MP4 files most relevant, I think. I have a few thousand video files I would like to edit a little, cut off the beginning & the end, and simple stuff like that. Nosh made a request for more advanced features, a year ago, and received no answers, but even for basic, simple features it seems the only editors capable of doing anything are beginning in the area around $50 ! Can it really be true? Isn't there anything cheap or free out there that will edit .mp4 files, without the need for conversion?
 :tellme:

- for Windows Vista

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version