ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CintaNotes

<< < (4/4)

Alex.Jenter:
@Grorgy:
No, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info, I'll look what's going on there.

Alex.Jenter:
@Grorgy:
Hmm, I installed WindowBlinds 6.3, and it seems to work fine with CN Beta M9 Preview. At least the "Diamond" and "Leo" themes. Which theme are you using? What exactly was not working?

Grorgy:
I was using aero midnight, but i just tried with diamond as well, still no joy.  The program starts ok apparently, can be minimised to tray but then when I click on the tray icon and new note it freezes up, just cinta notes, nothing else.  Its using 50% of the processor while its locked open as well.  Im using window blinds 6.4 and the CN beta from the link you provided above.  Also I'm on an AMD 3800 X2 4gb of memory, running windows xp sp3 home.  And its been sitting there locked all the time I've been typing this, and I will need to kill it thru task manager. 

Just tried it on my laptop, does the same thing, its an intel celeron 1.5, with around 750 mb of memory

40hz:
@Gwen7

Thanks for the input. You are correct that I'm running an Athlon64 chip, but it isn't overclocked. And Shedko Badges is not installed on my machine.

But you were onto something with the RAM.

I use Crucial brand memory almost exclusively. On this particular machine, I'm running  3x512 DIMMs. When I opened the case, I was surprised to discover that one of them was made by PNY. Apparently, we swapped out the third Crucial brand DIMM for one reason or another - probably to diagnose a client's machine - and never swapped it back.

This morning, I pulled the PNY brand DIMM and replaced it with one made by Crucial that is an exact match for the other two. Great  move!

Two niggling issues on this machine have since disappeared completely, and the overall performance is noticeably better. Excellent call on your part. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue I had with CintaNotes would also be fixed by this.

Next time I have an oddball problem I'll have to remember to look at the hardware as well as the software.

Once again, thanks for your suggestions. :Thmbsup:

Alex.Jenter:
@Grorgy:
Thanks for the info! On my machine  with WindowBlinds there seems to be a problem with drawing a menu, but no freezes whatsoever  :huh:
Window Blinds also has issues, see e.g. here: http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?t=17392
And CN uses the same principle with owner-drawn menu, so here we go.

@40hz:
Congrats :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version