ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good Screen Recorder Video Editing Software?

<< < (4/4)

lanux128:
widgewunner: have you tried it? based on your post here, some of us tried but it doesn't seems to be free..-lanux128 (April 16, 2009, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I tried it and yes it is free! (Not sure why you had problems. Although some of their web pages still have some remnants that erroneously state that it is only free during the trial period.) You do have to register it to remove a watermark that is inserted in the exported output. I've been using it and am quite impressed with the features and quality. I had been playing around with CamStudio but it had problems with audio sync on my box. Flashback Express captures quite nicely with no audio problems and I like the fact that it exports right to a streamable flash format complete with playback controls. I'm already trying to justify coughing up the dough for one of the more deluxe versions. (Although at more than $100, I would have to go take a serious look at some of BB's competition...)
-widgewunner (April 17, 2009, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for the clarification.. i'll take a closer look when i get back to my desk after the weekend. ;)

Lanpard008:
For the Express version, there is little edting feature. And no zoom and pan effect, which is quite helpful in showing spcifice details in small screen.  :(

J-Mac:
For the Express version, there is little edting feature. And no zoom and pan effect, which is quite helpful in showing spcifice details in small screen.  :(
-Lanpard008 (April 21, 2009, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are two main purposes for the Express version: First, as a product for those who just need very simple screencasting functionality and either cannot afford the full version or don't have enough of a need to spend the price of the full version. And second, as a kind of no-time-limit evaluation - use the reduced functionality until you decided you must have more, and then upgrade to the full version. IIRC, they do have (or did have) an upgrade path from Express to the Full version.

Jim

Clive:
I've just started using screentoaster
It's a free web based app with generous storage (also free). It's quick & simple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version