ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (9/11) > >>

Wordzilla:
CodeTRUCKER:
I'm not a man who habors negative hidden feelings against someone and take surreptitious nasty actions against him, if I have a problem I either speak it out and have it resolved or choose not to worry it should resolution fail. I've consistently spoken out and taken open actions against Gri's activities (which are "weird, spammy, mostly incomprehensible and out of place/space", like f0dder said) and kept the admins notified, there isn't anything hidden. I moderate boards (also take preventive methods) to keep things clean on this forum so everybody will enjoy DC community and I don't have the luxury of going personal against anyone. Do we hate spammers and DOS their servers in retailiation? No, we just delete their spams and move on. Gri happened to be one of those who made life miserable for us (esp. for me), so I remember him, that is all.

You have made direct personal attacks against me publicly, well that's probably fine with me. I have no interest in more exchanges that might deeply upset folks here. But be warned that further attacks will be taken seriously.

'innuendo', or rather 'diplomatics', as mouser would say, is essential to every healthy and growing community. Everybody makes mistakes/blunders and annoy other people from time to time, often repeatedly (I'm no exception). I'd say something is much better left unsaid and forgotten as time goes by when you deal with community relations. I'm very outspoken person and I can be v v open, direct and public with you, but I choose not to, for it'll be unnecessary and hurtful.

Let's just calm down and move on to strict "technical" stuff, as folks on IRC chan kindly suggested, shall we? :)

EDIT: added first paragraph.
EDIT: I just promised mouser that I'll no longer participate in anything non-technical in this thread.  :)

CodeTRUCKER:
As far as politics/religion I could care less because if anyone thinks the government runs this country is ignorant of history.  If you will do due diligence in researching a single topic to the point where the whole picture emerges you will understand my perspective.  There are others, but one will suffice: 
The Federal Reserve Bank.  While this is presently a privately-held American corporation (no, it is not a government entity) it and its global counterparts have global implications.  This isn't an opinion or a political view, it is fact.  Just do the math.

My apologies to all that have to endure this discourse, but as I said it does no service to others to let inaccuracies stand.  Also, my past efforts at righting wrongs via PM always left me with an unanswered letter as I attempted to hash out differences.  No, the time for silence has come to a close. 

To the leadership... Frankly, I'm fed up with an undercurrent of partiality in some cliques and intend to provoke an action of my permanent dismembership or hopefully see the errection of a standard that holds everyone to the same standard of conduct based on "who you know."  Further, it needs to be a matter of record and that would not be the case on IRC. Thusly, I post here.

I seriously hope that "I" am not being discussed on IRC without the courtesy of a PM informing me of an invite or what is being discussed.  If I am not, then you are to be commended.  If I am, you should be ashamed for it is gossip.  FWIW - I recently received a PM from a very prominent member inquiring of my communications with another member expressing their offense at the otherr member.  I returned a generic response befitting the situation.  I have tried to express before that I percieve a cancer proceeding at a glacial pace that will eventually consume our precious community if not checked.  No, no more hiding the ugly things under the rug.  If the leadership chooses to take action and I can't see that they cannot, then that action will set the tone for DC's future and either be Cody's salvation or destruction.  I realize that there is the power to cause this whole thing to evaporate by completely eliminating this thread and myself as a protagonist, but that would only ensure Cody's doom like the black hole that insures its own ultimate destruction as it dies in its own heat-death as it turns in upon itself in ever-accelerating cycles. 

From the outset at DC I have established myself as a man of integrity and truth, now you will see I am a man of courage.  Correct the wrongs in an honest way and I will silence my words.  Allow those that are culpabalis prit to go unanswered and I will answer.  So is DC going to be a place of partiality or a place of integrity? 

"Tempest in a teacup," some would say, but any that would dismiss this as such a trifle is blind to the gangrenous malady that is the real reason for such conflagrations.

Mouser, having an insight as to how this sort of thing vexes your heart, I am sorrowful that other avenues have not availed a solution, but I think I have a view of what your vision is and has always been for DC and it is for that vision that I enter into any fray undaunted in order to protect that which is held dear to both of us and others here.  Compatibility has always been an unanswered question.  You can't please everyone and you can't have your cake and eat it too.  I wish you wisdom in any action you may deem necessary, but for me, I'm through sitting on the fence.  DC is far too valuable.  

CodeTRUCKER:
You have made direct personal attacks against me publicly, well that's probably fine with me. I have no interest in more exchanges that might deeply upset folks here. But be warned that further attacks will be taken seriously.
-Wordzilla (March 20, 2008, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wordzilla...

Once again you attempt to take the high ground by suggesting someone other than yourself was the instigator.  You shouild not look at my words as "personal attacks," but rather the discipline of a youth that thinks to highly of his place and has too great a confidence in his "buddies."  I'm persuaded that the leadership will not support you in your offenses, but I could be wrong.  C'est la vie.  I did not personally attack you, I specifically pointed out where you "Wordzilla," presumably a "Master of Words" chose innuendo and suggestion casting dispersions on another long-time member as a result of your error in associating my recognition of the goals of Grivitation as my condoning Gri's actions.  Sorry, you missed the target on that one.

As far as your "warning," You may have the power, but it will be an abuse of that power to protect your own personal interests that will nag you until you make it right and in the fleeting world of cyber-relations you may never have a chance to make it right.  I am 50 years old and I know whereof I speak.  To not be able to say "I'm sorry" to one that you will never be able to contact again makes for a cruel taskmaster.  Give thought to your actions.  Regardless, I will not be intimidated by your threat.  If you wish me to be silent, then choose actions congruent with integrity.  I have no grudge with you but, I am terribly disappointed in your actions.  I wish you no ill, but you should reckon carefully who you throw the gauntlet down in front of.  If I am banned, it will be an empty victory for you as others with integrity will rise to take my place.  There are others.

housetier:
You are both smart enough to see that you fail to communicate with each other. So why do you keep trying in this thread. Just let it be, both of you. You don't have to debunk anything when it's not on topic - so don't even try to. There is no point in threatening each other what you will do when both of you failed to behave.

Let me rephrase that: YOUR ARGUMENT IS A FAILURE SO STOP IT.

CodeTRUCKER:
You are both smart enough to see that you fail to communicate with each other. So why do you keep trying in this thread. Just let it be, both of you. You don't have to debunk anything when it's not on topic - so don't even try to. There is no point in threatening each other what you will do when both of you failed to behave.

Let me rephrase that: YOUR ARGUMENT IS A FAILURE SO STOP IT.
-housetier (March 20, 2008, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your words too are also faulty.  Please explain two things...

-=o=- What did I do wrong?

-=o=- Where and who did I threaten?

You do wrong by making a homogenous statement blending two diametriaclly opposed intents rather than stating fact.

Please note, I'm not attempting to "pick a fight" with every kid on the block, but I will not be intimidated for standing for what is right.  If you had not posted an inaccuracy, I would not have replied.  My actions should not be construed as one-sided bigotry.  I can enter into even a friendly discourse with those that hold strongly opposing views if it is done without malice and vinegar, but if innuendos, ploys, manipulations, etc. present their ugly heads then those that attempt such things will find they will not do so unchallenged.  After two years I've had my fill of the subtle, social and even secretive few that attempt to pass off their bigotries with cuteness and pseudo-neutrality.  Just tonight, I received a PM communication expressing their grief at the events on this thread.  Not all here are critical of my rebuttal. 

Edits: For clarity

housetier:
The idea of failover communication is very attractive to me. So attractive indeed that I have been practicing it for years: I communicate per forum, email, instant messaging, IRC, telephone, snail mail, and face-to-face talk.

Using the various electronic means of communcation is a second nature to me, it just was convenient so I used them and still do. Other people might not have the time (or the brains) to develop such a scheme. I wonder if and which backup plans others have. If efnet where to vanish I would just use a different network more. If icq keeps disconnecting people I suggest jabber or irc. If I can't acces my regular email accounts, I create a new one and send an email to a few select people who will help spread the word. If my telephone stops working I fire up ekiga and try this voip thingie. If I don't have stamps for my letters, I deliver them myself...

However, if DC.com goes down I cry.

I think #donationcoder on efnet is a very good failover communication means for me; although one must not forget that nothing on IRC lives long. Forums are so much better at archiving than IRC. For me it is enough, others will want to keep "the history". Apart from mirroring the forum I can't think of an adequate replacement.

One should not have to make a huge effort to reach those alternative means (*I* would be willing to do so, but I can't expect that from others). In case of an "emergency" we could update DNS and users hopefully wouldn't notice, except for the time it takes for the update to propagate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version