ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (7/11) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
... If you were cut off completely, WE don't need to do something...YOU do. And I am pretty sure you know what it is YOU need to do.  ;)
-app103 (March 20, 2008, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the sentiment, but I was not cut-off completely; however, it would appear that there are different circles of friends about.

f0dder:
I dont' see what WordZilla is doing wrong, sorry. On the other hand I don't see Gri's stuf as an evil, but it has certainly been weird, spammy, mostly incomprehensible and out of place/space :)

CodeTRUCKER:
I dont' see what WordZilla is doing wrong, sorry. On the other hand I don't see Gri's stuf as an evil, but it has certainly been weird, spammy, mostly incomprehensible and out of place/space :)
-f0dder (March 20, 2008, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

FYI -  I pre-wrote this because I did anticipate that someone would come to Wordzilla's rescue.  My question is why would you rescue him and not me?  You needn't worry about me losing sleep over this as I only used it as an example.  I'll give Mouser credit for confirming my remarks and a desire to get the thread back on track, but still others took up the mantle.  Where were you heroes when I was being repeatedly flamed in the "monster threads"?  This is what I was talking about when I stated "double-standard."  Again, I ask any thinking person, "How fair is that?"

Now, DC and others are a voluntary association and as such can form itself into anything it wants or is led to by the leadership.  I DO NOT ADVOCATE CORPORATE OR STRUCTURAL BEHAVIORIAL FORMATION BY LAW OR WRIT.  A voluntary association is a private entity to itself and autonomous in that regard.  I have no wish to force anyone to do anything and have no interest in implementing directives to manipulate a community.  A government run amok is the progenitor of these initiatives.  On the other hand, let's call a spade a spade, a heart a heart, a diamond a diamond and a club a club.  Let's refrain from the hypocrisy of criticizing one "outside the circle" in an effort to protect one "inside."  Yet, if this is the identity of the association, then I have no right to change it, but I do have a right and a duty to point out the injustice born of dishonesty and favortism, nay nepotism.   

CodeTRUCKER:
--- End quote ---

Oops, I forgot to enumerate...

-=o=-  Hijacking a thread with the injection of his own bitterness toward Gri.
-=o=-  Continuing to defend his position after being cited publicly by the leadership.
-=o=-  Using inflammatory words (remember he is "Wordzilla").  He knows what he is doing regardless of how innocent he wishes to appear.
-=o=-  Casting dispersions on the character of another long-time member.

How can this be defended?

I took a lot of bashing in the threaeds for various reasons.  If you will recall, some even defended me (not my actions) stating that the treatment was harsh.  At that time I chose to hold my tongue in an effort to let thoughts germinate and mature, but I no longer see this as a good course of action because it will kill what we have all been trying to nurture.  If the community is not willing to let the sauce for the goose also be the sausce for the gander, then hypocrisy will reign and cliques will form ruining any chance for a cohesive whole to ever emerge.

Edit: Further thoughts.

PhilB66:
I dont' see what WordZilla is doing wrong
--- End quote ---

Same here. Maybe CodeTRUCKER would care to explain why he found Wordzilla's last post inflammatory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version