ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (5/11) > >>

mouser:
wordzilla has some history with gri that makes them not get along, but i agree that in keeping with the spirit of DC, wordzilla could have been more diplomatic and less incendiary.  let's remember to keep things civil even when we disagree.

f0dder:
I don't think most of us are "normal" (by their terms), but most of us can blend in and have decent lives - that's what matters in that regard :). And the friendly tone and level of understanding here rocks.

So let's forget about the personals and think about the technicals again...

CodeTRUCKER:
Let me try again, I'm not suggesting anything "official" or "coded."  What I am trying to provoke is some creative jucies as a new paradigm which would be immune from any intended/unintended disruption.  At least in my mind, I can conceive nefarious doings by large corporate (bigger than MS) entities that will have major disruptive impact.  What I'm trying to conceive is a methodology that will allow connectivity even in serious circumstances.  Imagine the way YOUR forum interractions/relationships work out mechanically on DC.  Now erase that picture from your mind and try to visualize a completely different image.

Simply, what would be that picture?

f0dder:
CodeTRUCKER: I don't think anything non-automated would work. It's too much pressure on the end-user, and it would leave us with a totally fragmented view in the case of a breakdown. And even without breakdown, we would either need custom reading clients (NOT going to happen!), or having to click a lot more links, and those links being external... OK OK, ajax embedded stuff could help, but...

Wordzilla:
I may have been emotional on this matter, for that I apologize. But I don't believe I made false or inaccurate claims against anyone.

Truth be told, I don't think I'm a "Global Moderator" in essence and I often forget being one -- it was so arranged that I could remove some spams in time and move topics to appropriate boards for the folks here. Such chores, absolutely nothing political or distinguishing in 'class'.

I was actually upset about the merely possibility of this kind of topic evolving into a flame war and tried hard to prevent it from happening. I may have overdone it and it worked in an opposite way, not to benefits of anyone here.

Agree with f0dder I do: If you want talk technical, talk technical.

To CodeTrucker: a diplomatic and efficient discourser who means to talk 'technical' might not have devoted so many words on marginally relevant stuff like 'Gri', 'Grivitation', 'tolerant mindset', etc. Yes, I might be too sensitive, but don't you think it'd be a far better idea to just talk, e.g. 'distributed load-balancing and backup'?

Secondly... I would like to touch on (ever so delicately) the "pain" felt by the absence of DC on our browsers.  Now... I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest nor do I want to hijack this thread... in fact, I won't see the thread here!
-CodeTRUCKER (March 19, 2008, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, if i were to demand more attention to this thread, honestly I'd do same. :) Can't really say it's a good idea if calm of mind is voted for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version