ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (3/11) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
ps. It's probably wrong to believe that a person who behaves in weird ways must have some genius traits or high IQ that are above and beyond common people. More than often 'weird' just means mentally messed up, and is by no means a synonym of 'geeky'.  :P
-Wordzilla (March 19, 2008, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Galileo, Einstein, DaVinci, Columbus, Goddard, etc.

f0dder:
tin: newsgroups are very different from forums, even though a decent newsreader will make them somewhat similar. But still, the conversational tone on usenet tends to be very different from what we have achieved here.

Wordzilla: with distributed, I meant in a unified way :), so you wouldn't have to check out a boatload of forums... just that the information would be replicated and load-balanced.

tinjaw:
tin: newsgroups are very different from forums, even though a decent newsreader will make them somewhat similar. But still, the conversational tone on usenet tends to be very different from what we have achieved here.
-f0dder (March 19, 2008, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

f0dder, you ignorant slut. [1]  :P

You are missing the whoooooole point. I am just pointing out that the technical means are already in existence. The fact that most humans are jerks that can't stay on topic and is not an issue here.

For example, if there was alt.donationcoder, and the only ones posting there were the same 100,000 that posted here, we would have continued on the conversation without a hiccup.

[1] Saturday Night Live skit we are discussing in parallel on IRC. Search this page for "you ignorant slut". This was on US television for years, so I will use that as a barometer of acceptable public language.

Wordzilla:
I just don't want this topic to turn into another unnecessary flame war on this forum. Yes, I strongly object to Gri's ways of posting, it's v clear and there's no need to hide anything.

I'm not trying to discredit the idea, thou. The very fact that u described this "Grivation-like" paradigm makes me believe that this is how it will run if implemented, i.e. "Forcing everyone to browse 10+ individual forums for individual "decentralized" posts." -- based on what we experienced with Gri's posts.

Wordzilla:
Wordzilla: with distributed, I meant in a unified way :), so you wouldn't have to check out a boatload of forums... just that the information would be replicated and load-balanced.
-f0dder (March 19, 2008, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for clarification. Well, let's make sure backups are made more often and on regular basis - does it solve the problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version