ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (2/11) > >>

tinjaw:
BTW, it already exists. In fact, it existed since pretty much the beginning of Internet time. It is a distributed system of messaging that has no central point of failure. It is called newsgroups. It appears some of you have forgotten your alt.internet.history.

CodeTRUCKER:
... But I think I see the essence of CodeTRUCKER's point. Grivitations very likely isn't the solution. But some distributed forum type sounds like an interesting idea... but also like a LOT of coding :) (and a problem is that you'd probably set up the distributed hosts equally, thus if one was hacked, the others would be, too)
-f0dder (March 19, 2008, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

My vision is not one based on "coding," but on a user-implemented paradigm shift toward expanding experience with links back and forth across diferent boards, i.e., having a link to my "Coding Monkeys" user account.  See what I mean?

Wordzilla:
Forcing everyone to browse 10+ individual forums for individual "decentralized" posts in order to get the whole of the thread borders on abuse.  ;D ;D

CodeTRUCKER:
BTW, it already exists. In fact, it existed since pretty much the beginning of Internet time. It is a distributed system of messaging that has no central point of failure. It is called newsgroups. It appears some of you have forgotten your alt.internet.history.
-tinjaw (March 19, 2008, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I must have been deformed during my early (formative) Internet years...  I thought newsgroups were a place you went if you wanted to be maligned, insulted, criticised ripped to shreds for offering different views or a critical view?  Maybe I went to the alt.wrong.groups?

Kudos on the proper capitialization of "Internet."! :Thmbsup:

CodeTRUCKER:
Forcing everyone to browse 10+ individual forums for individual "decentralized" posts in order to get the whole of the thread borders on abuse.  ;D ;D
-Wordzilla (March 19, 2008, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Andersen, your animosity toward Gri is showing.  This would be ok, except that your posts don't address the subject, but rather attempt to discredit the idea due to some offense you still hold toward Gri.  That's personal.  Please keep it between you hand Gri or are you the "Post Police!"  I said nothing about "Forcing."  Your use of the word and your intent is obvious regardless of how many smileys you append it with!

For clarity, I am offended by what you have offered so far. >:(  If you post further, please offer something appropriate to the intent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version