ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (10/52) > >>

J-Mac:
Outertech,

I've noticed since I first synced that I have lost all of the favicons in my bookmarks.  Did Linkman do that?  Doesn't Linkman handle favicons at all?  I checked the help file and it makes no mention that I can find.

Thanks!

Jim

Outertech Support:
Internet Explorer icons are retained from version 7.0, Firefox icons are retained from version 7.30.

Please keep in mind that both icons format are not compatible with each other, this means:

If you import Firefox bookmarks into Linkman, modify them and export as Firefox bookmarks, the icon info is retained.
If you load IE favorites into Linkman, modify them and save as IE Favorites, the icon info is retained.

If you import Firefox bookmarks or load IE favorites into Linkman, modify them and export/save in a format that differs from the import/load format, icon information will be lost.

J-Mac:
I'll have to check what version I am running -- it is the version that was available when this thread started; haven't checked back at all.  Does Linkman by any chance check for updates to itself?

Also, Firefox bookmarks are all that I have imported/exported.  And I am not really concerned about whether or not IE favorites have icons; don't use them enough to even know!

Another quick question:  Can the drop thing be made transparent to a configurable degree?  It is LARGE and wherever I place it, it is in the way.

Thanks!

Jim

PS - My version is 7.2.0.21

Outertech Support:
Version 7.30 is available from today on (scroll up!).

Autoupdate is on the todo list, as a million other things.

Making the "drop thing" optionally transparent is the latest addition to the todo list.

J-Mac:
BTW, Outertech Guy, which one are you on your "About Us" page?   ;)  ;D

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version