ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (47/52) > >>

Outertech Support:
One other user reported this problem, but after a quick look it could be proved to be a firefox issue.

At first check if firefox is configured to launch external links into new tabs.

about:config
search for open_external
browser.link.open_external should be set to 1

if it's set to 1, then go to start menu and type:

http://www.google.com

Firefox should launch Google in the existing tab. If it opens a new tab then there is some problem with Firefox on your system (maybe an addon?).

A clean install of Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.3 or 3.6.4 does not open a new tab with browser.link.open_external set to 1.

superboyac:
<b>Firefox can now be configured to launch links into existing tabs.</b> (Tools | Settings | Launch URLs)
-Outertech Support (March 08, 2010, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I can't get this to work... I've got this setting in Linkman Lite 7.9.0.30 but launching URLs always opens a new tab in Firefox (3.6.3). Is there some special setting in Firefox I need to change? I've tried several options in the about:config configuration (the ones you get when searching for 'browser.link') but to no avail. Any help much appreciated!
-TucknDar (April 23, 2010, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
That user would be me!  Yes, I still haven't fixed this on my home computer.  It was working fine until I had to do a clean reinstall of Firefox.  Now I can't get it to work.  Maybe I'll try rebooting also, since I haven't rebooted in a month or so.

TucknDar:
Hmmm... not sure I'm understanding this correctly. I was under the impression that Linkman could launch URLs in existing tab even if other external links launches in new tabs, which is what I would like. I remember Opere worked like this with Linkman. I already had this working when all external links would open in existing tab, but I'd rather not keep doing that, only for Linkman.

Did I misunderstand something?

superboyac:
Hmmm... not sure I'm understanding this correctly. I was under the impression that Linkman could launch URLs in existing tab even if other external links launches in new tabs, which is what I would like. I remember Opere worked like this with Linkman. I already had this working when all external links would open in existing tab, but I'd rather not keep doing that, only for Linkman.

Did I misunderstand something?
-TucknDar (April 23, 2010, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, that's a good question.  Outertech will need to answer that.  Can FF be setup so other applications open in a new tab, but Linkman opens in an existing one?

TucknDar:
That user would be me!  Yes, I still haven't fixed this on my home computer.  It was working fine until I had to do a clean reinstall of Firefox.  Now I can't get it to work.  Maybe I'll try rebooting also, since I haven't rebooted in a month or so.
-superboyac (April 23, 2010, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
You might want to look at browser.link.open_newwindow in about:config

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version