ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (29/52) > >>

superboyac:
OK, Outertech said that it is not possible to open bookmarks in the current tab (as opposed to a new tab, or new window).  Is this really true?  I'm not saying it isn't, I just find it a little hard to believe it can't be done.  In the version history for TabMix (a firefox addon) they are able to open links in current tabs.

Outertech Support:
You can open a link in the current tab from within Firefox by using Javascript. This is why this works from a firefox addon.

If you send a URL to firefox from another other process (tried this both by using the command line and DDE) Firefox will always open a new tab.

Launching into the current tab from a process works with IE and Opera - you can check it by going into Tools | Settings | Launch URLs in Linkman (use existing window option).

superboyac:
Aargh! How frustrating.  Darn, that would have made everything perfect.  It's not that big a deal, I suppose.  It just gets a little annoying with all the tabs...I hope a workaround comes about later.

Outertech Support:
--Allow batch assigning ratings.  If I select a bunch of bookmarks and want them all rated "2" then I should be able to do it.  Now, if I select them all and go to assign a rating, it only does one of them.
-superboyac (December 30, 2008, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

We have looked at the function today and it's only a display glitch (which will be fixed). The rating is assigned, you can see this by doing the same query again (click on query button).

superboyac:
We have looked at the function today and it's only a display glitch (which will be fixed). The rating is assigned, you can see this by doing the same query again (click on query button).
-Outertech Support (January 06, 2009, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
You're right, it's just a bug.  The ratings are working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version