ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (21/52) > >>

Outertech Support:
Linkman 7.70 is out:

<ul><li>Firefox 3.1 compatibility and integration enhancements</li>
<li>Added feature to Internet Explorer to add all Tabs at once to Linkman</li>
<li>Over 20 new mouse and keyboard Shortcuts</li>
<li>Improved USB Stick installation: Linkman will find his link databases even if you move them between different USB Sticks and Computers</li>
<li>User Interface tweaks and speedups</li>
<li>More Screenshots added to CHM and PDF tutorials</li>
<li>Query search improvements: and search is now active by default (instead of phrase search)

Example:

Before you had to type: hardware and news and not 3d

Now it's enough to type: hardware news not 3d

if you want to search for the phrase hardware news type "hardware news" instead</ul>
Web: http://linkman.outertech.com

Tutorial video: http://linkmanvideo.outertech.com

Dormouse:
Interesting.

I clicked on the search for updates and up sprung internet explorer (definitely NOT my default browser) looking for the update. I took advantage of it to install the security patch, but I definitely do not like it launching ie.

techidave:

-Outertech Support (December 18, 2008, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Linkman Free installer collects no personal user information whatsoever. You don't have to provide any information, not even your name. You get some adverts for other software/products during the installation with an accept/decline button. If you decline the other programs only Linkman Free will be installed and nothing else.

[/quote]

I did decline everything and still got more than I had planned on.  I shall not try your software again based on previous experience.  Yeah, at least it didn't ask for any personal info that I remember.   :(

I don't have thousands of bookmarks but I do have hundreds and was looking forward to something easy and fast.  Oh well.

Nuff said

Outertech Support:
Interesting.

I clicked on the search for updates and up sprung internet explorer (definitely NOT my default browser) looking for the update. I took advantage of it to install the security patch, but I definitely do not like it launching ie.

--- End quote ---

Where is "search for updates"? If you mean "Help | Updates" in Linkman's main menu then it launches the browser that is specified in the Linkman settings as your default browser (Tools | Settings | Launch URLs).

I did decline everything and still got more than I had planned on
--- End quote ---

Please specify what got installed besides Linkman Free (if you declined everything else). I'll investigate the matter immediately. I've done a test installation just 2 minutes ago and as usual nothing else was installed at all.

Dormouse:
If you mean "Help | Updates" in Linkman's main menu then it launches the browser that is specified in the Linkman settings as your default browser (Tools | Settings | Launch URLs).-Outertech Support (December 18, 2008, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do and I have changed it now , but surely it should use the default browser in the absence of instructions to do the contrary?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version