ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MailStore Home 2.5.1 released with lots of improvements

<< < (5/9) > >>

kartal:
Does it work with Opera mail?

Carol Haynes:

Darwin:
Thanks for alerting us to this update, Carol (and for doing the leg work on the upgrade for Home Plus 3, though I don't qualify, sadly). I'll have to take another look at it as I am performing with only the flimsiest of nets in Outlook 2007 (I have two installations on two different computers sync'd and back them both up separately, but I'm aware that I need some backup...).

Carol Haynes:
You can get the Plus version by either making a donation to a charity (sorry can't remember which one or for how much [Edit ... reading earlier in this thread it is WWF and the donation is $60) or by adding a review and link to a website you manage. Sorry but the original link page no longer exists but I got en email response from their support team within a few hours so it may be worth dropping them a line and make a donation if nothing else. The Plus version is worth having because it allows you to use Scheduled archiving and PST email management.

I have mine setup so that every day it syncs with Outlook and then deletes any messages in Outlook that are more than 45 days old (you can specify the age of emails in the MailStore sync rule). I also manually move completed tasks and old Calendar entries to a PST archive file which loads in my profile. This means that when Outlook loads the main PST file only has 45 days worth of email and active calendar/tasks etc. Plus all my emails are backed up daily in MailStore (which is really quick to search - so you can turn off Windows Search if you want).

The new version of MailStore also allows much more flexible exporting - you can export emails into other applications or to disc files and maintain the original folder structure, plus it can automatically make backups to CDs or DVDs.

Darwin:
Ah, thanks Carol! I assumed that it was no longer possible to get the Home Plus version this way. I'm definitely going to check this out  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version