ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Help req automating some typing type stuff - autohotkey? skrommel?

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
we have a resident autohotkey exper on this forum, he can surely shed some light.
im moving this to coding snack section where skrommel roams  8)

skrommel:
 :huh: I actually didn't understand any of that. You want to automate some part of posting to forums? Please explain.

Skrommel

Carol Haynes:
Crawling back from under my stone, I think I have now twigged ...

I think he wants a script to enter a URL and generate/insert the BBcode to produce a link like this that will work in all bulletin boards.

So preumably: a hotkey to bring up a dialogue, you enter URL and name and the appropriate BBcode is inserted at the cursor? Is that correct?

.... or shall I crawl back under my rock ...

mouser:
yes, i think that's it, with perhaps text from clipboard already in the dialog maybe (if its url format)?

so maybe a small dialog with 2 edit boxes, one for typing the url and one for typing the title of the link, and then a radio group with options like:
"format for bb code"
"format for html link"

and then finally a button to close dialog and copy result to clipboard?

actually sounds like a fantastic idea to me for those of us who paste urls a lot.

brotherS:
I'm about to try out Autohotkey because it's on the GREAT SOFTWARE LIST and I've never heard anything bad about it. In fact, everybody's raving about it and I've never used any such program before. I suppose I'm in for a ride but I just wanted to check here if I'm making the best possible choice.
-Shangnyun (October 20, 2005, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, you are! :)

Read https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1167.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version