ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft Office 2007 users, your opinions are wanted

<< < (2/5) > >>

Rover:
I have Outlook 2007 at work.  I'm not sure what it does any different than Outlook 2000.  It looks different, but that's about it.  Oh, I can create business card looking signatures.  Woo hoo.

As far as Word goes, I haven't actually used the 2007 version, but I haven't seen anything in the last 3 or 4 versions that were compelling reasons to change.  If anything, they decrease productivity while you re-learn how MS wants you to do things. 

Overall, I'd still rather use WordPerfect 5.1  :P    It was fast and efficient; it let you type for content w/o worrying about formatting up front (The correct process IMHO) and then allowed for easy formatting of your text.  I suppose easy is a relative term and depends on the person.  Plus it had "User Friendly" stamped right on the box, does Office 2007 have that?!!

J-Mac:
Oh boy!  You all are really getting me pumped up to dig into this.  I only use Outlook 2003 for calendar and contacts currently - all but one of my email accounts are IMAP and Outlook just doesn't do IMAP.

Word and Excel are my staples, so once I get into them more heavily I'll be able to comment with some experience.  Office 2003 is still on my desktop PC, which is where I do most of my Office work; typing is tough enough for me on a full-size keyboard - notebooks slow me to a speed that would make the Comcast turtle family jealous!

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, I cut my teeth on WP5.1 also.  With the codes showing, it was probably the absolute best teacher of word processing!

Jim

Hey!! My 500th post!  I haven't written THAT much, have I?   :P

CWuestefeld:
all but one of my email accounts are IMAP and Outlook just doesn't do IMAP.
-J-Mac (March 14, 2008, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Are you saying that you've had some particular problems with IMAP in Outlook? Because it certainly does support IMAP, I use it at home that way.

J-Mac:
Outlook has an extremely crippled IMAP feature. Take a look at, say, Thunderbird, where you can see ALL of your folders in any number of IMAP accounts, real time.  I believe Outlook allows you to subscribe to and view THREE folders at a time - and then you have to mark what you want to view and then download the bodies. That is not IMAP support, IMO.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version