ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drop Box lands

<< < (8/9) > >>

allen:
Just FYI, invites are no longer necessary -- the beta is public. As I understand it, the 2GB will remain free. Still no word, that I can find, on the pricing scheme for larger (unlimited?) storage options.

Deozaan:
I signed up for the waiting list to be accepted to the beta, then got an invite by srikat which allowed me to make an account immediately.

Well, just in the past week I got accepted (waiting list ended now that it's public I guess) with the chance to win a bigger storage account, and just got invited this morning by someone else (Thanks!) who didn't know I had it already.

So even though I doubt I ever would have won the larger account I'm a little perturbed that I didn't get the chance when I signed up.

allen:
I'd signed up way back, got accepted at some point, but forgot until a few days ago. . .

So far, I like it sufficiently. It works better than g.ho.st for me, anyway :D

I wonder what arse would send you an invite after it was no longer invitation only . . .

lanux128:
they have even released an update to their desktop client which allows the Dropbox's default folder to be moved around. :up:

• http://forums.getdropbox.com/topic.php?id=2371&replies=1

Deozaan:
So far, I like it sufficiently. It works better than g.ho.st for me, anyway :D-allen (September 15, 2008, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, G.ho.st was more of a novelty than anything else. After toying around with it for a couple days I realized how useless it really was.

I wonder what arse would send you an invite after it was no longer invitation only . . .-allen (September 15, 2008, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Some kind of shrimp, I suppose. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version