ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drop Box lands

<< < (6/9) > >>

sri:
Dropbox is very useful. I use 3 computers (one home laptop, one work laptop, one work desktop) and installed Dropbox on each of them. The beauty of Dropbox is that it works even from behind a corporate proxy since it takes the settings from IE. Here is how I am using it:

PhraseExpress: I installed PhraseExpress on all my 3 computers and set the PhraseExpress data file to that in the Dropbox. So no matter which computer I add a phrase in, the same phrases are available everywhere everytime. So essentially I am getting the functionality of network edition of PhraseExpress w/ just its free version and Dropbox.

RoboForm: I have moved the RoboForm's passcards to a folder in Dropbox and all my sites' login and password info is available on all the 3 machines.

Portable Applications: I also use few portable s/w. I just place them in Dropbox on any computer and they get auto replicated on the other 2 systems. I plan to uninstall some installed programs like IrfanView, Notepad++ and get their USB versions and put them in my Dropbox.

Grorgy:
Does anyone have an invite for this they could send me?  I signed up at the site some weeks ago and so far nothing, so I would appreciate it if someone has one as it might be just the solution i'm looking for, from what i can see it does what i need anyway, and at the right price (loves free  :-* )

Deozaan:
Does anyone have an invite for this they could send me? -Grorgy (July 22, 2008, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're still looking for one, send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Grorgy:
Thanks Deozaan, I'm all hooked up and ready to go now  :Thmbsup:

MrCrispy:
I am using Live Mesh instead. Dropbox's current limitations (only 2gb, all data has to be in the dropbox folder) are too much. Mesh does l lot lot more than Dropbox, but its not as fast yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version