ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does TweakMASTER Pro really work?

<< < (2/2)

SKA:
As last updated in 2006 it may not be compatible with either XP SP3 or Vista SP1, so I would NOT recommend anyone buy this Tweakmaster 2.5 now.

A much better (free) one is Half-Open-Limit-fix for both XP-SP3 and Vista SP1:    http://half-open.com/

SKA

Curt:
@ SKA - as I understand the text, Half-Open doesn't care which browser I am using?

thorazine74:
I doubt the first poster needs to bother with half open connection limits as he says he is using a GPRS connection. I think there is no point in having a higher than default half open connections when he doesnt have enough bandwidth to give to all of those connections.

@ Curt: it will patch the tcpip system driver so it will affect any and all programs connecting to the internet.

Curt:
it will patch the tcpip system driver so it will affect any and all programs connecting to the internet.
-thorazine74 (September 21, 2008, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
- it is my guess / question that I will have to manually adjust settings in all the various programs that are using "number of ports allowed" - the programs in which I answered "use 10 ports" when I did their settings?

If so: sigh!!!

SKA:
Curt
I doubt you need to change settings in each program on your PC- this fix is a "global" one,as far as i know. Also its independent of browser.

Thorazine74
You may well be right , I missed the GPRS thingie, my bad !

SKA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version