ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Filenotes for Downloading Amnesiacs

<< < (5/5)

skywalka:
Yes, Darwin, I should post on the official forum for optimum assistance.  I just thought I'd give a bit of feedback to this forum's topic.

urlwolf, I tried Altiris SVS & I was able to get the installation working that SandboxIE couldn't.  However I encountered a major system drama.  I'll post about that here:https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3176.0

kartal:
I use Filehamster for my project asset management needs, but you can definetely use it for your downloads. It brings a pop up for entering text. It has a report plugin as well.

Cuffy:
Guys,
File notes is old hat. I posted this Dec 7 and a long thread follows. Nod5 wrote File Noter to work with a 64 bit system, which works great and several more got into the act with File Notes, and modifications thereof.
I don't know how to get back to that thread from here but I suspect a search on Idea: File note 7 Dec would work.
You'll find a couple of kewl little utilities penned by a couple of resident coders. (Nod5 and Grorgy)
Big Jim also built a fire under Moonsoftware and they promised an update to FileNote.
---------------------------------------

Idea: File note
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:37:14 PM » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in 1999, Moonsoftware released a little app called FileNote. I used it so much it became second nature but when I moved up to a 64 bit OS it no longer worked. I emailed Moonsoftware about when it might be upgraded to 64 bit but received no response. It really is a neat little utility and when I ran across your site I thought it might be well to check since you guys seem to have talent bubbling out of your ears!
From the Moonsoftware page:

tomos:
I use Filehamster for my project asset management needs, but you can definetely use it for your downloads. It brings a pop up for entering text. It has a report plugin as well.
-kartal (March 15, 2008, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

presumably that means you make a backup of the downloads as well ?

kartal:
Yes FH will make backups, that is the idea. But you can limit number of backups.Since you will only download the file one time, it will only add to library, it wont make anybackup first time the file is added to library.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version