ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

False Positive on Software (Generic.Dx) by McAfee Today: McAfee Response and Fix

<< < (10/13) > >>

drpeterharris:
Thought you may be interested in this reply I just received from McAfee.  It came as a result of a letter I wrote to the US, UK and European headquarters.   It seems to have hit the right button:

First of all I wish to express my regret in the inconvenience you and your customers may have experienced with the reported incidents. I’ve contacted Mr. Mann, Sr. Manager Avert Labs and he suggests the following:

GP-IT can work with McAfee to get copies of their applications added to our False Testing Rigs, systems that contain known good files that we verify against on every dat release test.  If this is something GP-IT is interested in, have them provide us with the contact phone number for someone within GP-IT for us to work with and Avert Labs will contact them to get this process started.

I’d appreciate if you could forward the name and contact details of your liaison with McAfee to me so that similar occurrences may be avoided in the future.

With kind regards

Ronald Rosbergen
Manager Customer Service EMEA
McAfee, Inc.

--- End quote ---

Peter

mouser:
Go Peter!!  :up: :up: :up:

f0dder:
...I wonder how much that's going to cost you?

vlastimil:
"...expressed regret in the inconvenience" and allowed you to help them fix their problems...hmmm.  :-\ That's the right business attitude.

Sorry for sounding so ironic. You have managed to do much more than many of us in similar position.  :Thmbsup:

drpeterharris:
I am trying hard not to be cynical and am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I will keep you all posted.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version