ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interested in teaming up for good web hosting / website accounts?

<< < (5/6) > >>

mouser:
its a very very bad idea to have your domains on a site that forces you to buy combo domainname+hosting accounts - i didn't know there were any that still do that.  i suggest you move them immediately to a proper domain name+host.  godaddy.com is one, totalchoicehosting is another.  its a bit of a process to move domain names but not that bad and it will be worth it in the long run.

i think i'll probably start setting up accounts for people this weekend, just so people can play around, without having to make any commitment about donating for anything.

brotherS:
Count me in, at the moment I'm paying $10 a month for some space on asmallorange.com (1000Mb space, 25Gb bandwidth a month) and all I use it for are a few avatars and sigs for forums [...]
-alexp (October 20, 2005, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Right, that's another good reason for an own server account! :)

@mouser: I'm ready to move my first domain over quite soon :D

mouser:
Just an update - the new server is blazing fast, and we've already set up some member accounts, and all is going great.  :Thmbsup:

Discuss more in the section of the forum set of for this: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=60.0

ezegern:
Count me in buddy  :Thmbsup:. I am very interested.

alecjw:
My idea for pricing - pay per megabyte - perhaps 20 cents per megabyte per month. Or even better (to make it easier to collect the money), $2.40/yr. I would find pay per megabyte useful because I would probably only use it to host a couple of MB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version