ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interested in teaming up for good web hosting / website accounts?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Ta ... I would probably be interested - see how things develop ...

alexp:
Count me in, at the moment I'm paying $10 a month for some space on asmallorange.com (1000Mb space, 25Gb bandwidth a month) and all I use it for are a few avatars and sigs for forums and if I need to transfer a file to one of my friends :)

Carol Haynes:
Must be a hell of an avatar to use 25Gb per month bandwidth ;-)

clif_notes:
yep, its super easy, takes a minute of time.

for example, here would be instructions if you got your domain name from godaddy.com, but all accounts are very similar:

1. Login and navigate to managing your domain.

2. Click on the + next to "Nameservers Summary" if it is not already expanded. Then "Click here to see details or to modify."

3. Enter ns1.donationcoder.com and ns2.donationcoder.com as your nameservers and save

4. Wait for the new nameservers to propagate.  Godaddy says it can take up to 48 hours for these changes to take effect but it usually only takes a few hours.

-mouser (October 20, 2005, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

You make it sound easy, but I'm lost. See my post here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1276.0

brotherS:
It's a great idea and I'm definetly interested, I just don't understand one thing: Now I 'rent' the domains I have (but don't really use) together with 1 GB accounts and am allowed x GB bandwith/month. Since that ISP only offers packages (URL + account) would I have to move my domains to another ISP that just offers URLs without hosting space?

And then 'forward' the DNS requests to my account(s) on the new Donationcoder.com server?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version