ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Done: AutoStart Program(s), if key is pressed or CapsLock On/Off with Parameter

<< < (4/5) > >>

lanux128:
But the real problem is that this only sets the shortcut's parameters, and it doesn't affect how the program being run by Caps-Run actually loads.  Caps-Run would have to signal internally for the application to start minimized or maximized.-Scott (September 05, 2009, 11:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

you're right, i had missed the internal signals for Capsrun to launch the way you wanted. sorry, it's been some time since i coded that script and i had uploaded a total mess it seems. :-[ anyway, try the updated version and let me know if you run into any more problems. The startup folder also should be working now.

as for the quote marks, i referred to the help file and followed their suggestion of adding an external quotes around the command and it works.

When running a program via Comspec (cmd.exe) -- perhaps because you need to redirect the program's input or output -- if the path or name of the executable contains spaces, the entire string should be enclosed in an outer pair of quotes. In the following example, the outer quotes are shown in red and all the inner quotes are shown in black:
Run %comspec% /c ""C:\My Utility.exe" "param 1" "second param" >"C:\My File.txt""
--- End quote ---

Scott:
Thank you, but setting the shortcut to "Minimized" won't make the child of capsrun.exe run minimized.

Regarding quotes, when I use these settings in Caps-Run:

Program:
c:\program files\console\nircmd.exe

Parameters:
cmdwait 2000 execmd start "" calc.exe

This is the command line that actually runs:

--- ---"c:\program files\console\nircmd.exe" cmdwait 2000 execmd start " calc.exe    
If I change the Parameters to:
"cmdwait 20000 execmd start "" calc.exe"

This runs:

--- ---cmdwait 20000 execmd start  calc.exe
Don't worry about any of this though.  I can live with Caps-Run without driving you nuts over this.  I'm sorry.

Scott:
Thank you, but setting the shortcut to "Minimized" won't make the child of capsrun.exe run minimized.

Program:

Parameters:
cmdwait 2000 execmd start "" calc.exe

This is the command line that actually runs:

--- ---"c:\program files\console\nircmd.exe" cmdwait 2000 execmd start " calc.exe    
If I change the Parameters to:
"cmdwait 20000 execmd start "" calc.exe"

This runs:

--- ---cmdwait 20000 execmd start  calc.exe
And:
cmdwait 20000 execmd "start "" calc.exe"

Results in:

Don't worry about any of this though.  I can live with Caps-Run without driving you nuts over this.  I'm sorry.

lanux128:
Thank you, but setting the shortcut to "Minimized" won't make the child of capsrun.exe run minimized.-Scott (September 06, 2009, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's strange because it works here. can you post an example? that'll help to get into the bottom of things.

Program:

And:
cmdwait 20000 execmd "start "" calc.exe"

Results in:

Don't worry about any of this though.  I can live with Caps-Run without driving you nuts over this.  I'm sorry.-Scott (September 06, 2009, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

there is no need to apologize. i'm learning as well from this. :) from what i see, nircmd launches two commands, one is 'cmdwait' and the other is 'execmd'. my guess is that since execmd parameters (start "" calc.exe) have a space in between them, it's best to quote so that it becomes "start "" calc.exe" instead, leaving the internal quotes intact.

hmm.. i think it's best to check timestamp of the Caps-run files. there are two files: one is the GUI: Caps-Run.exe and the helper app: capsrun.exe. if timestamps do not match the screenshot then try clearing out the folder and extract Caps-Run.exe again.

Scott:
Any program I run (via Caps-Run) with the shortcut properties set to Minimized fails to run that way...  Such as simply specifying calc.exe as the program.

As far as the quotes go, nothing I try makes it work, even following your exact example above with "start "" calc.exe".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version