ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Done: AutoStart Program(s), if key is pressed or CapsLock On/Off with Parameter

<< < (3/5) > >>

apfel:
@lanux128 Thank you for you work!  :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
apfel: glad to be of help. 8)

mitzevo: basically you just extract the zip file then run the program to create shortcuts in the startup folder based on the criteria you have specified. that's about it. :)

Scott:
Is there any way to make Caps-Run:

1. Supply the launched application with a startup directory?

2. Start the application minimized or maximized?

I also found a problem with quotation mark parsing.  If the parameters supplied in the Caps-Run config dialog contain quotes, those quotes are misinterpreted.  For example, if this is used in the Parameters box:

--- ---cmdwait 10000 execmd start "" calc.exe
The first quotation mark after start gets interpreted as the end of the parameters to be sent to the application.

lanux128:
items 1 & 2 are included in this release but i'm not sure about the quote marks parsing. can you explain a bit and are those commands from nircmd?

Caps-Run 1.2

Edit: Fixed max/min commands and start-in folder

Scott:
First of all, thank you very much for giving this your attention.

It seems that minimized and maximized are reversed.  That is, if Maximized is selected in the Caps-Run interface when the shortcut is created, the shortcut is actually created with "minimized" set, and vice-versa.

But the real problem is that this only sets the shortcut's parameters, and it doesn't affect how the program being run by Caps-Run actually loads.  Caps-Run would have to signal internally for the application to start minimized or maximized.

The startup directory is a similar issue.  Setting it in the shortcut only passes it to Caps-Run, not to the actual program being run.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, and I apologize if it's too much to ask.  I also apologize for the misunderstanding.

I will elaborate on the quote issue soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version