ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Done: AutoStart Program(s), if key is pressed or CapsLock On/Off with Parameter

(1/5) > >>

apfel:
Hi @all.
Is it possible to make a enhanced version of Capster (http://www.bcheck.net/apps/#capster) with the following new features:
- start program with parameter
- possibility to use other conditions to start a program e.g. other Keystrokes/Keys

(Program can also be an AutoHotKey Script.)

thx, for help.

lanux128:
this can done with AHK but i'm afraid that the usage of other keys is limited to toggle-state keys such as Capslock, Numlock, Scroll-Lock and Insert. also by using AHK, the script itself can be placed in the Startup folder much like Capster. i'll try this over the weekend. ;)

apfel:
Woohoo! Nice, Thank you!
Never believed someone would pick this up.  :)
It would be already great, if you can add the "autostart program with parameter" feature.

skrommel:
 :) ToggleRun runs programs on startup when Capslock,Numlock, Scrolllock or Insert is down, or up.

You can also use RunWait instead of Run to wait for a program to end before running the next in the group.

Edit the script and place it in your startup folder. It is written in AutoHotkey from www.autohotkey.com.

Skrommel

--- ---;ToogleRun.ahk
; Run programs on startup when Capslock, Numlock, Scrolllock or Insert is down
; Usage: Place the script in your startup folder
; Format: Run, Target [, WorkingDir, Max|Min|Hide ]
;Skrommel @ 2008

If (GetKeyState("Capslock","T")=1)
{
  Run,Notepad.exe C:\Test1.txt
  Run,Paint.exe C:\Test2.bmp
  Run,Write.exe C:\Test3.wri
}
Else
{
  Run,Calc.exe,,Min
  Run,IExplore.exe,,Max
}
If (GetKeyState("Numlock","T")=1)
  Run,Calc.exe,,Min
If (GetKeyState("Scrolllock","T")=1)
  Run,Pbrush.exe C:\Windows\Bubbles.bmp,,Max
If (GetKeyState("Insert","T")=1)
  Run,Write.exe

lanux128:
ok, made some changes. the program now aware of both situations - On/Off and added a button for open the startup folder.

--o--
it looks like Skrommel beat me to this but do try my version as well. ;) i made the GUI so that it's easier to choose the programs.

Caps-Run: a Capster clone.

btw, the beta label just indicates that i haven't added the About box and leave some room for any future configurations..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version