ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm looking for a Pink Noise Generator for Windows

<< < (2/2)

tinjaw:
I did a lot of searching a few months ago, and ended up using and liking Serene Sounds.
-suleika (March 11, 2008, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks suleika. I've installed it on my laptop and it is nice. A nice simple clean application.

(Taking my own thread completely OT on a tangent...)
I look at the interface for SereneSound and I find nothing wrong with it. It is nice and simple. But I bet if we put it in front of a good designer of UIs they  would probably cringe (at who know what) and come back with something that just is nicer in some squish undefinable way.

any way...

app103:
Simple, bare bones application meant to generate soundwaves of pink noise, white noise, pure test tones and frequency sweeps...meant for the 'burn in' process of headphones. Please be careful with this, as some of the pure tones it can generate can be harmful to human ears.

Burninwave Generator

Read the main page about headphone  "burn in" to understand why this app was created.

allen:
I'm am looking for a coworker who has Tinnitus. We are wondering if listening to pink noise will help relieve the symptoms when he is trying to concentrate on work stuff.-tinjaw (March 11, 2008, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have pretty bad constant tinnitus -- should you find something that works well for your co-worker, please forward it on to me!  Most any noise helps me cope with it -- be it music or a TV in the background -- it's absolute silence that I cannot stand, even for a moment.

I'd never heard of "pink" noise before, and as such have never really looked into it.  White noise doesn't jive well with my "ears", curious to see how this pans out.

Edvard:
PC Function Generator - Straight out of Rutgers physics lab.
It does white noise, sine, triangle and square waves, pulses and sweeps. Hmm... no pink noise.
http://duncan.rutgers.edu

some other stuff on there that would distract you from tinnitus...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version