ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AnVir Task Manager 5.0.4 at GOTD

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darwin:
Yeah... I bought it, too (Bits du Jour's deal amounted to a 58% discount or so) after playing with it for a few hours. It's the only TM replacement/extender that I've ever tried that consumes 0-1% CPU when minimized to tray and 10MB RAM. I also like the fact that it seems to be under constant development. I have current licences for both WinTasks Pro (glacial) and TaskPatrol Pro (also glacial) and they're good apps, but consume 30% or more CPU and 30MB or more RAM - all the time. No regrets about the purchase, thus far. $15 is less than a night at the movies, and I never get out to the movies, so I can swallow this!

cthorpe:
I also purchased it with the 58% off Bits du Jour offer.  I found that it was taking less than half of the memory and virtual memory as Process Explorer, and like Darwin I also saw that it was using less than 1% of CPU time when minimized.

As for updates, the dev site says on http://www.anvir.com/order.htm

The registration code will turn off all nag screens and shareware limitations, and work with future updates.

--- End quote ---

I don't see anything to imply that there is a time limit or version limit on future updates, so it would seem that it's lifetime.

Carl

Darwin:
Hmm... interesting. Carl, I was under the impression that you needed to pay a yearly subscription key to keep receiving upgrades and virus database updates beyond one year. However, the blurb on the order page certainly does seem to indicate that it comes with lifetime upgrades. Very nice  :Thmbsup:

tinjaw:
[GUESS]
The software (engine) gets free updates, but the data files, are updated only by subscription.
[/GUESS]
That would follow other licensing models of that nature.

lanux128:
GAOTD are on a roll and at the rate this app is being repeated, one wouldn't have to worry about upgrades. :)

• http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/anvir-task-manager-520/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version