ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AnVir Task Manager 5.0.4 at GOTD

(1/4) > >>

jiffener:
Dudes!! Yesterday it was 50% off at Bits du jour, which just matches the discount code here anyway, but today it's FREE at Giveawayoftheday.com!   :Thmbsup:

Here's some discussion linklets:

[edit:  deleted link to the discount post in case that is not supposed to be linked]

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12036.0

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12356.0

Curt:
I am not aware that we have a rebate offer on any AnVir product, so I guess the removed link was to somewhere else? (a PM is welcome!) Anyway, more important today may be that this giveaway comes with a 25% dicount code (GAOTD25) to any other AnVir product. However, IIRC they do not specify if the code is for today only, but most likely it is.

mwb1100:
I'd assume it's OK to link to the DC 50% discount for AnVir Task Manager Pro, as you must be logged in as a member to actually get to it - I think it's OK to post a link to the discount, but not OK to post the actual discount/coupon code elsewhere (if this is not true, a moderator can please remove this whole post):

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12488.0

With 50% off, Task Manger Pro becomes slightly less cost than the non-Pro version with 25% off. 

There are a few things in the AnVir product that might justify it over something like the free SysInternals Process Explorer, depending on how 'hands-on' you are with a task manager:

* a description & 'risk rating' of processes - you can set the ratings yourself (it would be nice to know where the default ratings come from)
* dumping network traffic of processes to a file
* save process priorities - kind of a simple Process Tamer (Pro only)
* some basic auto-start management
It also has an "Optimize Memory" setting that is supposed to "Periodically free memory of processes that use more than 50 MB".  I haven't tried this because it sounds quite dangerous - but if I find it works safely, it could well be useful.

Curt:
Can the DC structure maybe be even better organized?  Hmm...  :-\
- I've never before found that childboard!  :-[

But Thanks!  :up:

- allthough I am not too sure I will take any advantage of the offer. Do you know this feeling: The program is clearly very capable, but somehow something is not right - maybe it is the GUI layout?? Hmm... somehow I just don't fancy AnVir Task Manager. Or maybe it has to do with the company offering you a free program if you post their press material on a popular site!  :huh:

mwb1100:
- allthough I am not too sure I will take any advantage of the offer. Do you know this feeling: The program is clearly very capable, but somehow something is not right - maybe it is the GUI layout?? Hmm... somehow I just don't fancy AnVir Task Manager. Or maybe it has to do with the company offering you a free program if you post their press material on a popular site!  :huh:
-Curt (March 09, 2008, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I did register it, but I tend to agree that the interface does not really grab me at first.  I think it's hard to have something be able to present so much information and have it still look clean and simple.  I think that SysInternals does a good job in this area, and I think that for most people there's no reason to pay for more than what you get with Process Explorer.  Heck, I think that even if I missed out on the BitsDuJour deal I would not give it a second thought, but at the same time I'm not regretting the purchase.  Not exactly a rave review, but there you have it.

The AnVir product seems to be getting good comment feedback on the GOTD site, which is notorious for "what's the point?" comments.  It seems that AnVir has made some significant improvements since the product was last offered on GOTD.  AnVir mentions that registered users get "free subscription to updates of the software", but that seems rather ambiguous as to how long updates are valid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version