ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

DetachVideo - Give embedded videos their own window!

<< < (2/3) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Does this require a tabbed browser? I know some people stuck with IE6 (the poor suckers) that would enjoy this...

Also, I am not sure if this is a side-effect of FF 3 RC 1, but I get this oddball setup when I try to pull a youtube video (see image)...

VideoInPicture:

Hello, this is my first time posting on Donation Coder. I noticed that the topic of this thread is very similar to the project I've been working on for the past couple of months. It's called Video in Picture for Vista and has the ability to essentially replicate the function of the program from the OP.

However, I go by it a different way. I use the live previews features of Vista to allow you to crop, resize, and reposition the live previews of windows. You can dynamically resize the live previews by using the scroll wheel of your mouse, the keyboard arrows, or just by dragging the borders. You can also crop the picture to the way you want it by just holding down CTRL and dragging the borders.

The program allows you to create the previews from a scrolling menu or even better, by just minimizing the window you are looking at. If you close the preview and create it a preview from the same window again, it remembers the size and position of your previous menu so you don't have to resize it.

There are some videos and pictures on my website: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com/ that will show you what I mean. You can also get a copy of the problem off there. It current is in development to get rid of some bugs and streamline it, but it is functional and stable.

VideoInPicture:
For my post above. I meant to say you can get a copy of the program off my website.

mouser:
Nice work Eric! Looks very cool.
And welcome to the site  :up:

jgpaiva:
Hi VideoInPicture!

I really like your program, i think it has lost of potential. Unfortunately, i think the best use for it is for having thumbnails of open live messenger windows (with or without video), but it doesn't behave very well with those :(
I know it's MS's fault for making non-standard windows, but it'd be really sweet if it worked..

PS: you probably should reverse the order of the tray icon's options, "quit" should be the option on the bottom and not on the top ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version