ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Firewall

How Does Your Firewall Rate? - Outpost, Comodo, Jetico, ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Armando:
I've been using Online Armor for a while now and love it -- fairly light, not buggy, no internet connection slowdowns. And rates really high on leak-tests scores. Sorry  :-[ .

If you take the time to do the "start up" configuration properly before running it for the first time, it should go very smoothly (it is possible to have some temporary freezes the first times, but this is only temporary as it will learn -- with your help! -- which programs are allowed to run/access the internet or not).

Currently running the free 2.1.0.95 version.  :up:

bleh75:
Agreed mouser good points  :Thmbsup: I got tired of the constant nagging with basically every firewall I've tried :huh: I'd like to find a decent one I'll have to read up on some i guess.

sajman99:
I've been using Online Armor for a while now and love it -- fairly light, not buggy, no internet connection slowdowns...
-Armando (March 07, 2008, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for Online Armor. It provides very effective protection without excessive nagging.

f0dder:
+1 for xp-sp2-and-later built-in firewall :)

cyberdiva:
+1 for Online Armor. It provides very effective protection without excessive nagging.
-sajman99 (March 28, 2010, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's interesting how different our impressions and experiences can be.  I got a free license for Online Armor and was thrilled--until I installed it.  It slowed my computer to a crawl, caused BSODs, etc.  Other people reported similar experiences.   I quickly got rid of it and moved to Outpost, first the free version, finally a lifetime license for the Pro version.  I've been pretty happy with it, though I still miss Sygate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version