ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (10/18) > >>

CleverCat:
"Do I have to be online to visit that website"?-CleverCat (March 10, 2008, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (March 10, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

CleverCat:
I also have a friend still running Windows 95 on an old PC who's NEVER right clicked or deleted a file! ;D

I made him this mouse pad..

nudone:
i've heard the "do i have to be online?" question from someone also. they used to browse in offline mode looking at cached pages so that probably added to the confusion.

here's one i've just remembered (i think i've mentioned it before a long time back on the forum)...

i have a relative that i don't have any contact with except at funerals and weddings. she probably shouldn't be allowed near a computer. why? well, she believed that a computer 'worm' was a living creature that somehow travelled down the cables into her pc (someone might have told her this as a joke).

it gets worse. a friend (as another joke) instructed her that the worm can be removed by squirting detergent into the 'slot at the front of the computer' (floppy drive). this seemed like a reasonable solution to her so she had to be warned not to actually go ahead and do it.

is she of sub normal intelligence? supposedly not but who am i to know.

Carol Haynes:
I have mentioned it elsewhere on these forums but there is the story of the user who after the introduction of 3.5" floppies was confused and folded his old 5.25" floppies in half to get them to fit ....

nudone:
that is also a classic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version