ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (8/18) > >>

Armando:
1) Include a license inside the shrink wrapped product that you have to agree to BEFORE opening the package (MS and Adobe figure largely here)

2) People who design installers that only unpack the installation instructions so that you can read them after installing the product (almost all shareware and freeware seems to fall into this category)
-Carol Haynes (March 09, 2008, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Deozaan:
Or with people who are still on dialup (the poor saps!) if a link is taking too long they click it again... and again... and again. Therefore putting themselves into a never ending loop of requesting the page information.

Renegade:
Some of the best 'clueless ideas' come from software companies that:

1) Include a license inside the shrink wrapped product that you have to agree to BEFORE opening the package (MS and Adobe figure largely here)

2) People who design installers that only unpack the installation instructions so that you can read them after installing the product (almost all shareware and freeware seems to fall into this category)
-Carol Haynes (March 09, 2008, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

:) Hahahaha~!

For #1, I wonder if you could open it, read the license, then return it because the license is too restrictive...

For #2, all too true. But the installer itself should usually guide you through. I like to package my own software in a ZIP file so that I can include instructions before the installer is run at all. I don't always include that, but sometimes.

Carol Haynes:
For #2, all too true. But the installer itself should usually guide you through. I like to package my own software in a ZIP file so that I can include instructions before the installer is run at all. I don't always include that, but sometimes.
--- End quote ---

You quite often see restrictions or pre-requisites listed in the installation instructions that only appear after you have installed. I have lost count of the number of time I have had to un-install a piece of software in order to do something before installing it!

CleverCat:
A friend said..

"Do I have to be online to visit that website"?

Duh..... :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version