ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (7/18) > >>

tomos:
I mean.. They allowed developers to have single-click OR double-click on tray icons, how stupid is that?
-jgpaiva (March 09, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
agreed :)
I think there's absolutely no logic to having to double click a tray icon - well...
maybe for those beginners :-\  *
It's one of the few things in this world where I use the word ~hate~

For the desktop I guess the logic is you can select it if you want to edit the name
but trying to double click a tiny icon in the tray just does my head in

deep breath, okay, I'm better now...

* but if a single click works so should a double click ?? or I suppose sometimes that could open a second window of programme. Ah well..

tomos:
My dearest friend comes twice a week to use my unstable PC to check her hotmail and facebook accounts, giving both of us a challenge. Mine is to stay a gentleman, and hers is to let go of the mouse and wait for the chosen feature to respond and for the page to load. Only, she can never wait that long. Over and over she will start click
-Curt (March 09, 2008, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

hah,
ironically* I'm still a bit like that (well I've only been using computers since 1999 :P) -
I'll bet she's an Aries ;D no patience - nope none of that

* especially if you've just read the previous post

Cloq:
Double clicking vs single clicking is like learning French grammar or orthography --> all the exceptions don't make sense. Yes most computer illiterate double click everything, so they have it covered. If some stuff required three clicks, maybe they'd triple click everything?
-Armando (March 09, 2008, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

* click.. click.. click.. * Am I surfing yet? Isn't google suppose to come up? oi..  :tellme:

Curt:
* click.. click.. click.. * Am I surfing yet? Isn't google suppose to come up? oi..  :tellme: -Cloq (March 09, 2008, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on settings. This is what happened when I 3-clicked your post:

... maybe it's because the menu is hidden away - therefore it must be something strange - only for the very brave to peer upon. only technical experts may venture into the arcane depths of the mysterious menu(s). -nudone (March 09, 2008, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-[

I have just proved that I am like that. After 18 months of membershib I never found the childboard  to our Found Deals and Discounts thread for members, until someone directed me today! Embarrasing it is, but true.

Well, as I said:

I will like to thank you all for the gentle way you speak about me. All these posts about me, but not even once did you spell out my name. This is why I just love to hang out at DC. You are so tender - Thank You, guys!  :-*-Curt (March 09, 2008, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
:)

Carol Haynes:
Some of the best 'clueless ideas' come from software companies that:

1) Include a license inside the shrink wrapped product that you have to agree to BEFORE opening the package (MS and Adobe figure largely here)

2) People who design installers that only unpack the installation instructions so that you can read them after installing the product (almost all shareware and freeware seems to fall into this category)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version