ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (5/18) > >>

Curt:
I will like to thank you all for the gentle way you speak about me. All these posts about me, but not even once did you spell out my name. This is why I just love to hang out at DC. You are so tender - Thank You, guys!  :-*

:-[

... it's those stray clicks that really mess them up. I don't know how my grandma does it, but she gets her task bar docked to the side or top of the screen, gets her display turned sideways (for monitors that can rotate), gets her resolution changed... All kinds of things that seem impossible for someone who doesn't know what they're doing.-Deozaan (March 07, 2008, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is so true! I believe it is one of those flaws that is so 'cute' about the women we love; they really like to click! Clicking all the time all over the place - click, click, click. My dearest friend comes twice a week to use my unstable PC to check her hotmail and facebook accounts, giving both of us a challenge. Mine is to stay a gentleman, and hers is to let go of the mouse and wait for the chosen feature to respond and for the page to load. Only, she can never wait that long. Over and over she will start clicking here and there and everywhere, always making the problem a lot worse. What is it about a woman and a mouse? I mean, I am an IT-analphabetic, but even I have learned to let go of that mouse, but, these women? No: click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click - "hey, Curt, why wont this machine do anything?", she says. I really love her.

nudone:
 ;D

i've not seen anyone do that before. i've seen the 'double click on absolutely everything' habit (when only a single click is required) with several people - one of which really, really should have known better as they'd been using the computer every day for several years.

TucknDar:
yeah, what's up with double clicking internet links?

And I get the occasional SMS/call from my mom about stuff like this. "The text on the PC, specifically hotmail [i.e. internet explorer] is huge again! How do I fix it?"

This is one of the thing a menu is for, although for this particular problem I just SMS her a short message "Ctrl+mousewheel" ;)

The menu in any program must seem very scary to a lot of people... weird.

nudone:
maybe it's because the menu is hidden away - therefore it must be something strange - only for the very brave to peer upon. only technical experts may venture into the arcane depths of the mysterious menu(s). perhaps another reason why no one reads the help files.

jgpaiva:
Actually, i think we are the ones not seeing it right. The people who double-click everything are the ones who are right. I know quite a few people that do that same thing, most computer-illiterate do.
The reason is because windows doesn't follow a "standard", you have to know what you have to use double-click and what to use single-click.
I mean.. They allowed developers to have single-click OR double-click on tray icons, how stupid is that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version