ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

the award for most clueless pc user ever - my candidate.

<< < (6/18) > >>

nudone:
agreed, it's always of kinda dumb not following a standard - but then having a bit of variety makes things more fun.

or maybe the standard is quite simple. by default, icons require a double click and buttons/links require a single click.

whatever, the golden rule i try to introduce to computer novices is: click it, if nothing happens, double click it, if nothing happens right click it.

(revealing that there is a 'right click' capability has sometimes induced a sudden expression of despair in the computer novice i've been with.)

hmm, i'm beginning to remember why a lot of people still positively hate computers - our favourite toys just don't make any kind of sense to the initiated.

Curt:
... the golden rule i try to introduce to computer novices is: click it, if nothing happens, double click it... -nudone (March 09, 2008, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Regarding my best friend, it should be: "... click it once, if nothing happens, double-click it once""...   ;D

jgpaiva:
or maybe the standard is quite simple. by default, icons require a double click and buttons/links require a single click.
-nudone (March 09, 2008, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, actually you're right :)
(still, the tray icons don't quite follow this rule, are a mix between icons and buttons :( )

TucknDar:
... the golden rule i try to introduce to computer novices is: click it, if nothing happens, double click it... -nudone (March 09, 2008, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Regarding my best friend, it should be: "... click it once, if nothing happens, double-click it once""...   ;D
-Curt (March 09, 2008, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
:D

Armando:
-nudone (March 09, 2008, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, actually you're right :)
(still, the tray icons don't quite follow this rule, are a mix between icons and buttons :( )
-jgpaiva (March 09, 2008, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Double clicking vs single clicking is like learning French grammar or orthography --> all the exceptions don't make sense. Yes most computer illiterate double click everything, so they have it covered. If some stuff required three clicks, maybe they'd triple click everything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version