ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Voice chat: good or bad?

(1/2) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Figured this would come up sooner or later, so I might as well be the one to start it up.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to setup a voice chat system to use during gameplay (and possibly non-gaming, like just general discussion?). But there is the whole thing of having to own a headset first of all, then making sure it works, then setting up the server to do chats on, and fixing bugs...

I would be all for voice chat, but I can't do much- except maybe find a good program (teamspeak and ventrillo are kinda...confusing (IMO)).

Any thoughts?

Deozaan:
Xfire has voice chat built in. It's really simple. My brother and I were just doing it last night. And you don't need a headset. It's just useful.

Regular speakers and a microphone will work. But people will probably hate you because your microphone is likely to catch what's coming out of your speakers and you'll echo.

wreckedcarzz:
Headset and microphone are one in the same, just different chassis. I wear a headset so thats what came to mind first.

But yea, Xfire chat will work, it is just the whole bandwidth issue...

Deozaan:
Headset and microphone are one in the same, just different chassis. I wear a headset so thats what came to mind first.
-wreckedcarzz (February 29, 2008, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. A headset contains a microphone (otherwise the headset would be called headphones or earphones) but a microphone does not usually come with attached speakers. It can be purchased individually, and aside from a headset, isn't normally worn on the head. My webcam has a microphone. Many people have (or use to have) a microphone that stands on their desk. Microphones are used for all sorts of purposes, most of which have very little to do with headphones.

iphigenie:
I can get a teamspeak server organised if desired

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version