ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Making a donation ...

(1/5) > >>

NickW:
To all/anybody at DonationCoder.com,

Thanks for the Process Tamer.
May I ask a question? I'm using Windows XP SP2. The "system" process (not system idle) regularly ramps up to +90% CPU usage. I've run multiple virus checks which have found nothing. Any ideas?

I am more than happy to make a donation but I prefer to use PayPal for all of my online transaction - add PayPal and I'll make a donation.

All the best,

Nick

Carol Haynes:
PayPal is already there? Or it was when I joined ...

See https://www.donationcoder.com/Donate/DonateMethod.html

NickW:
Carol,
Bizarre, when I clicked on the donations page it just showed me credit card options!
Thanks for that.
Now if I can just get an answer to the system process cpu loading I'll be happy (or happier than I am right now!).
Nick

Carol Haynes:
What other processes and services have you got running?

Any of them showing unusual activity?

NickW:
Carol,

Thanks for the mails.

Donation now made.
hadn't looked at the click-buttons properly, I thought they were credit card buttons, once I'd clicked through I found the PayPal and Amazon buttons.
How silly do I feel? Don't answer that.

Slow process - I had decided (at about the same time that I got a mail from Mouser) that it was something to do with the NOD32 (virus) scanner. I've now uninstalled NOD32 and re-booted the PC and it's been running fine (no 100% CPU use) for the last 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Nick

PS   Now stop reading these forum messages and get those websites finished!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version