ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

look at the size of my mouse mat !!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

qwibbles:
I think you should a bigger mouse now.......... One you can drive around the desk maybe?

Grorgy:
yeah, i can sort of see this taking off, giant mouse that you drive, probably in a sports stadium with the giant screen connected up. could be fun lol  ;D

nudone:
i have to admit that if i could buy one as big as the table then i would do. a bigger mouse that requires both hands to move it would be cool too - or maybe just a mouse that is so big it fills the space of the new mat and makes everything seem normal again.

on a serious note, i bought the mat with the intention of cutting it up and only using a third of it - that is the area i'm actually using for the mouse right now (the rest being under the keyboard). i've a 24" monitor and i have the mouse speed set quite low - this is to make my movements more precise with graphic editing software. hence a large mat allows me to make large sweeping movements if i need to - so i get the best of both worlds - precision without sacrificing large movements.

i've also used padding under the keyboard for several years. when this extends forward to the front of the desk it makes things really comfy for resting your wrists on. maybe i'm just fragile but i notice that my wrists ache after long periods of lying on a hard table top. so, this super large mouse mat now doubles up as wrist mat also - and nothing slides about which is handy.

(secondary purpose will help when playing shootemup games - or so i'm lead to believe.)

Lashiec:
this one (Steelseries QCK - you get it rolled up) is 31 x 27cm
I even find that a little big
think it cost about 10euro but you can get it cheaper online - or get a smaller one - but with delivery then...
-tomos (February 27, 2008, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've read a few reviews and it seems like a nice little mat, it's a bit big for me, but fortunately there's a smaller model at 7 €. I think I'll order one or two soon, my current mat does not deserve the name. Thanks for the information!

cranioscopical:
a bigger mouse that requires both hands to move it would be cool too - or maybe just a mouse that is so big it fills the space of the new mat and makes everything seem normal again.
-nudone (February 27, 2008, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you guys have things backwards. I leave my mouse always in one position and use both hands to move the monitor around it.

Why are CRTs so heavy?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version