ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

oDesk

(1/1)

wraith808:
I don't know how many of you are freelancers, but there are many ups and downs about it- employers not trusting your hours spent, the possibility of working and not getting paid, employers that don't understand the value of the work they're asking for... etc, etc.

I just stumbled across a site that seems to eliminate a lot of the downsides in expense of your privacy...

http://webworkerdaily.com/2008/02/25/odesk-deal-for-freelancers/

I don't know.  On the surface it sounds like a good idea, but having something screenshot my desktop?  And who is to guarantee that they don't capture info when you're "off the clock"?

Thoughts?

tamasd:
I used to work as a freelancer in certain field, and some guys eventually turned up that offered to those who will give them the work, a screenshot of every single action they took on their behalf. It worked pretty well with some employers.
As a freelancer, I would go that route only if I really had to (there was no other work for me).
As an employer, I wouldn't go this route, as
a] my time in most cases will be much more valued as that of the freelancer's, and the last thing I want is to waste my time browsing screenshot
b] I only want to establish business connection with people based on mutual trust
Of course, under certain circumstances, it might be "the right choice" despite of the above. Generally in both cases (as a freelancer and as an employer), I would use that tool only if I had to (given the circumstances).
It's not bad idea.
And there is a lot of control freaks between potential employers (at least in the group that I worked for), who will think this is a godsend and will jump on it and some even enjoy the hours spent browsing screenshots.
So it will bring jobs to those freelancers who don't mind giving up the privacy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version