ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

USB Flash Drives: What to look for or avoid.

<< < (5/6) > >>

Fedorov:
I've just got this 8gb Dane-Elec here in the UK, good price and performance seems as good if not better than my previous 2gb pendrive.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=103796

edit by jgpaiva: replaced tinyurl link with actual link

CleverCat:
Our PC shop had a customer who's wife put his Sahara Flash Drive in the washing machine & dryer and..

IT STILL WORKS! ;D

Can't get a better recommendation than that... :Thmbsup:

kevmacca:
she should try putting the computer in there to, save on all these antispyware and virus progs  ;D ;D ;D

CleverCat:

J-Mac:
Do keep in mind that the GT models are plenty faster, that's why you're paying a premium for those.
-f0dder (February 27, 2008, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

NOT faster, really, in the 8 GB flavor. Read the more recent reviews - they have switched their GT models from using SLC chips to the more standard MLC chips - and there is not much of a speed difference at all from their regular drives. Reviews have gone straight down (esp. for the 16 GB drives), and users are returning them left and right. Newegg stopped selling them for the time being. Most users are crying that Corsair is now mislabeling - and overpricing - them since they switched to the MLC chips and lost the speed advantage they once had.

In fairness to Corsair, they most likely had to switch to MLC - it has been adopted as the standard by whatever group regulates the drives - or so I have read. But people are still fuming because they kept the GT name and price.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version