ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XPPro SP3

<< < (19/19)

tomos:
thanks nudone,
OEM versions available on ebay.de quite/very cheap too :-\

SKA:
To All

My enquiry was for a new PC that I am building.

An SP3 OEM disk is available from newegg (but they dont ship overseas, I am not in USA) :
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116515

I just think in this Internet age, one should be able to buy just a key instead of full CD/DVD(media)+shipping fees etc - wonder what is so vital in getting an actual CD/DVD ? One has to slipstream further patches anyway even to a SP3 CD
yes ?

SKA 

justice:
For some reason sp3 solved a problem that I had which was whenever i had a lot of harddisk activity my pc stalled more or less. I had the latest drivers installed but the problem wouldn't go away however with sp3 it is finally sorted, which means that some applications / games that trash the HD now start many seconds quicker and system performance has increased generally. YAY

tomos:
I just think in this Internet age, one should be able to buy just a key instead of full CD/DVD(media)+shipping fees etc - wonder what is so vital in getting an actual CD/DVD ? One has to slipstream further patches anyway even to a SP3 CD
-SKA (May 27, 2008, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking along the same lines when looking at winXP offers on ebay -
mind you no-one would trust anyone on ebay to simply pay for a number, I wouldnt anyway

Maybe MS dont allow it somehow - after all you need your sticker on your machine :) in case they get a chance to check up on you physically... knock knock:
who's there?

Curt:
MuvEnum Address Bar is the ultimate replacement for the missing address bar in Windows XP SP3. It recreates the experience of the original address bar with auto-completion while adding many new features that allow you to quickly open webpages, navigate to favorites, start programs, search the internet, and more from you Windows Taskbar!
--- End quote ---

http://www.muvenum.com/products/freeware/#muvenumaddressbar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version